The second weekend of November
A small, but fun festival in Batignano, just outside of Grosseto, the Festa dell'Olio includes:
- Oil, wine and local product tasting stalls
- Tasting and grading of the festival's star Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Il Venerabile”
- Food stands selling homemade bruschettas, fried goodies, porchetta, salami and cheese sandwiches, doughnuts, sweets, roasted meats and olive bread
- The town's wine cellars will be opened for wine tasting and educational sessions
- A special restaurant will be opened called “I sapori di Batignano” and will serve a menu of local treats inspired by the oil and food culture of the town
- Arts and crafts shows
- Art exhibition
If that's not enough, the event always has a children's show and walking competition, as well as the much anticipated "Gran Premio dell'Olio" - a mountain bike race open to amateur cyclists and experts.
The town's museums will also be open for free throughout the event, and there will be a bunch of live concerts and children's games. What more could you ask for?
Inside the Cassero
+39 0564 488573